This simple and utterly delicious Marmalade cake is pure joy and can be whipped up within the hour!
Serves: 5 (slices)
Cooking-time: 1 hour
150g butter at room temperature
100g powdered sugar
1 level tsp baking powder
3 tbsp Big Bear Farms Three-Citrus Marmalade (and few tablespoons more for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C
- Beat the butter and sugar vigorously until light and fluffy
- Add in the eggs, one at a time
- Add the flour, one spoonful at a time until the entire mixture is well-combined (don't over beat)
- Fold the Three-citrus Marmalade gently into the mixture
- Bake for 30 mins, or until the centre is cooked through. To test, poke a toothpick through to see if it comes out clean.
- Add a few tablespoons of marmalade as topping while the cake is still warm. Garnish with fresh citrus fruits, as you like.
- Serve with clotted or fresh cream.
- Devour immediately! : )